This is a "hands-on" class where your presence and engagement is necessary to your success. The "participation" assignment is a way to communicate with you about what that presence and engagement should look like in order to help you be successful. Therefore, with up to 300 points possible for participation, here are the ways in which you can earn points toward this grade.
- Attend class consistently,* arriving on time and staying for the entire class period.
- Being prepared for class with all homework or other assignments ready to go.
- Avoiding distractions during class and refraining from creating distractions for others.
- Joining in to whatever conversation or activity is happening in class.
- Participating frequently** in Slack or other web-based collaborative platforms we may use.
- Update your blog regularly.***
* By "consistently," I mean every time we meet, and I will keep track of attendance. Missing more than three days of class will have a serious, negative impact on your ability to participate effectively in the class.
** By "frequently," I mean you should log in to Slack every day, and use Slack to discuss readings or other material as you prepare for class.
*** By "regularly," I mean at least one new blog entry every week, preferably two.